Organized by: Women To BeApr 28, 2018, 4:00PM to Apr 28, 2018, 6:00PMSanta Fe, United StatesMeet & Greet
Organized by: Women To BeApr 29, 2018, 1:50PM to Apr 29, 2018, 4:00PMAbluquerque, United StatesMeet & Greet
Public Lecture: "Girls and Women--Hope for the Future of our People, our World" by the King of the Bemba Tribe of ZambiaOrganized by: Women To BeMay 1, 2018, 2:00PM to May 1, 2018, 4:00PMAlbuquerque, United StatesFree Public Lecture
Public Lecture: "Girls and Women--Hope for the Future of our People, our World" by the King of the Bemba Tribe of ZambiaOrganized by: Women To BeMay 3, 2018, 5:00PM to May 3, 2018, 7:00PMAlbuquerque, United StatesFree Public Lecture
Organized by: Women To BeMay 5, 2018, 4:00PM to May 5, 2018, 7:30PMAlbuquerque, United StatesFundraiser
Wine for Womanhood
An event to fund menstrual health, education and women's dignity globally
We bring freedom, opportunity, and dignity to women and girls around the world.
Join Women To Be for Wine For Womenhood, a benefit to bring health and education to the women of Zambia and Nepal.
A celebratory evening of food, music, silent auction items, and of course, the fine Spanish and American table wines at VARA Winery!
This fundraiser will directly support Women To Be's 2018 plans:
Fabrication and distribution of 7000 ‘kits' containing underwear and reusable sanitary pads throughout Zambia and Nepal. Also provide sex education to women and girls as their receive their kits.
Establishment of sewing centers in Zambia and Nepal to train and employ local women to fabricate our kits. Create jobs!
Welcome the Paramount King of the Bemba Tribe of Zambia who comes to partner with Women To Be for the benefit of women and girls in Zambia. More details of his April, 2018 visit coming soon!
VARA Wines is located at 315 Alameda Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113
From Alameda turn north at the light of Alameda Park Drive (just east of 2nd St.)
GPS may not provide proper directions.
16th January, 2018 TO WHOM THESE LETTERS MAY COME
Greetings from the Royal Court of the 38th Chitimukulu, Kanyanta-manga II.
I am Kanyanta-manga II, the 38th Chitimukulu of the Bemba people of Zambia in Central Africa. The latest national population census of Zambia took place in 2010. According to this census, there are 73 ethnic groups in Zambia. The Bemba ethnic group is 21% of the national population; the other 72 ethnic groups put together are 79% of the national population. While Chewa, Lala, Lunda, Tonga, and Lozi ethnic groups are a ma- jority population in a province each, the Bemba ethnic group is the majority population in five of the ten provinces of Zambia. Bemba is the language of communication for most Zambians (33.5%) and half the urban population (49.5%) use Bemba for communication.
It gives me great pleasure to announce that I will be leading a delegation visiting New Mexico in April 2018 to share cultural, educational, and economic development opportunities that can be beneficial to both Zambia and New Mexico. We hope to participate in an exchange with governmental leaders, Native American peoples, schools, museums, and businesses. The Sister Cities programme involving the cities of Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Clovis and their counterparts in Zambia will also be an important feature of this visit.
As traditional leader of the Bemba people, I look forward to strengthening our relationship with Women to be, an Albuquerque-based non-profit. This organisation and the Bemba Royal Establishment are developing an international business plan to bring health, education, and employment opportunities to the women and girls of both Zambia and New Mexico.
Christine Glidden, President of the Women to be, and I seek to become strong partners as we share the belief that girls are the greatest untapped resource known to humankind. They are a gift to us and their success insures our own.
Mwinelubemba Chitimukulu Kanyanta-manga II